Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Silent Sorority

I'm sure you all know the book I have finally read, and how good it is. It took me no more no less over a year to finish it! Well, I bought the book probably two years ago, then started it a year ago, and last weekend I opened it and read from the beginning to the end!

The story and the way it was written truly resonated with me. I had no idea that Pamela went through so many treatments and that she paid for everything out of pocket to finance her emotional suffering and body abuse which also resulted in neglecting the other sides of her life (like her house and savings). This sounds so familiar and until now I thought I was the only one in the world who did something so stupid in retrospect!

So many times through the book I wished I were there to give the author/main character a hug and be there to support her through the dark times. I also really like her husband and his way of keeping her grounded, pretty much like my own husband who is my rock.

My takeaway from the book: we are normal and our lives are normal and always were, we just lost our focus due to the overwhelming desire to procreate (which is also normal by the way). Now it's time to process our grief and move on.




5 comments:

  1. Dear Obie, it it lovely to read a new post from you after 5 months. And I am glad you have finally read the book.
    I hope you are having nice summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Klara! It's been such a hard time until now, one not very good thing on top of another another so I was just going through the motion. Hope to start writing more now.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you read the book! I discovered Silent Sorority before I discovered Pamela's blog (then many others) and immediately felt a connection to the book. I've read it four or five more times since I first read it a little over a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is truly wonderful and so honest, and it is also full of hope.

      Delete
  3. It's a classic. :) Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete